What is Dermaplaning Treatment?
Dermaplaning is a clinical treatment which is used to treat several skin issues. In this process, a surgical blade is used to remove the dead and dull skin layer from your face revealing brighter and clearer skin. But, this process should be done very carefully as surgical blades are very sharp and can result in cuts and wounds if not used properly. You will know about how to do dermaplaning at home to get clean and clear skin.
“It is requested to do this method very very carefully otherwise you will hurt yourself. We are only describing about this method and therefore we do not recommend you all to do this without guidance. If you are doing this treatment at home then you are doing it on your own risk. We are not responsible for that”.
How to Do Dermaplaning at Home?
So, the main thing which is needed for this treatment is the surgical blade. And for that, you will need a surgical blade no. 14. Please do not use any other surgical blades as that can hurt your skin very badly. The second thing which is needed is a scalpel handle for micro scalpel blades which will support your blade because of which you can complete the process easily. Using a handle is very important because if you use the blade directly with your hands then there are chances that you can injure your fingers with the blade. So, do buy a surgical blade handle as well.
Step-By-Step Process To Do Dermaplaning at Home
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser. Make sure that you cleanse your face properly.
- Now, fix the surgical blade no. 14 in the scalpel handle.
- You don’t have to apply any moisturizer, oil or serum on your face.
- This treatment should be done on a clean and dry face.
- Now tilt your blade in 45 degrees. Just like you shave your face.
- You need to gently scrape your face with this blade. Make sure you are very gentle and there is no need to put any sort of pressure.
- Keep the blade away from eyes while doing the process.
- Do not shave your face keeping the blade straight as that will give you a cut.
- Also, you have to clean the blade with a dry cloth again and again to remove all the hairs and dead skin which is removing.
- So, do this on your entire face. It may take about 10 minutes to complete the treatment but you will see your skin in a completely different state.
What to Do After The Treatment is Completed?
- After you have finished with the treatment, spray some cold rose water on your face to soothe your skin.
- Avoid using makeup just after the treatment.
- Also, do not come in contact with direct sunlight as that can irritate your skin.
- It is advised to use a good quality sheet mask just after completing the treatment as it will penetrate even more deeply into your skin treating your skin concerns.
Pros of Dermaplaning Treatment
- Increase collagen production making your skin younger and healthy-looking.
- Provides instant brightening effect.
- Makes the skin soft and supple.
- Adds a glow to the face.
- Removes dead skin cells.
- Helps in removing blackheads and whiteheads.
- Removes tanned skin layer.
- Make the skin healthy.
- All the products you will use after this treatment will penetrate deeply and will give you amazing results.
- Makeup glides on beautifully.
Cons of Dermaplaning Treatment
- Cannot be done on active acne and pimples.
- It can turn your skin for a day or two so avoid doing this treatment before any special occasion.
QnA Regarding Dermaplaning:
Surgical blade no. 14 is just like a butter knife that is why it is highly recommended to use this blade as this will not hurt your skin. Also, the chances of cuts and wounds are minimal. You may face difficulties finding a surgical blade no. 14 as it is always out of stock and the manufacture figures are also very less.
A scalpel handle is necessary because handle provides support and grip to the blade which is very important while doing the process on your own. This way you will control the blade very easily.
Dermaplaning is a completely different treatment as it not only shaves off your facial hair but it also removes dead skin cells, blackheads and whiteheads. While face shaving helps in removing facial hair only.
Dermaplaning may cost around INR 2000-4000 per session depending upon different clinics. It may be higher than this for some expensive celebrity skin clinics.
You will see a drastic change in your skin quality and appearance after this treatment as it makes the skin soft and supple by removing whiteheads and blackheads. Also, it gives you an instant brightening effect because of all the hair removal.
Yes, dermaplaning is not a difficult treatment but you need to very careful while doing this as it can result in some deep cuts and injuries if not done properly.
The surgical blades and handle are very inexpensive so it will cost you very cheap. Talking about the numbers, it will not cost you for more than Rs 150-200.