About The Brand
DermDoc is a newly launched brand with a huge range of effective and affordable products. The products claim to be highly effective. The main ingredients used to make the products are chemicals like salicylic acid, kojic acid, arbutin, etc. Overall, this brand is more likely to make medicated products that will directly treat your skin problems from the root cause. Well, it is not a great brand for those who can’t tolerate the chemicals on their face.
Price: INR 199 (60gm), INR 249 (100gm)
Discounted Price: INR 149 (60gm), INR 229 (100gm) [ONLINE]
Suitable For: Oily & acne-prone skin
Rated: 2 stars
Smell: Medicated smell
Quantity: 60gm, 100gm
Other Essential Information: Paraben-free, sulphate free & mineral oil-free
Aqua, Sodium Gluconate, Carbomer, Glycerine, Glycolic acid, Aloe vera leaf juice, Salicylic acid, Rosemary oil, Tea tree oil, Jojoba oil, Aquaxyl, Phenoxyethanol
If you are allergic to any of the above-mentioned ingredients then don’t buy this product.
About The Ingredients
1. Glycolic Acid
Glycolic acid is one of the best chemical exfoliators. It is great for acne-prone skin as well. Using glycolic acid on the face can treat pigmentation, dark spots, tanning, acne marks, and even acne scars. It is perfect for skin tightening and brightening. But, it can be a little harsh for some people so do a patch test of this product before using it on the entire face.
2. Salicylic Acid
This is one of the most recommended chemicals for acne and pimples. Almost all doctors will recommend you to use salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide if you have excessive inflamed skin. It is perfect to calm down your skin inflammation and redness. Also, it helps to dry out the acne in one day resulting in pimple-free skin. But this process may take a long time so you need to be patient if you want this product to work for you.
3. Aloe Vera Leaf Juice
Aloe vera leaf juice not only works when consumed internally but it also works if applied externally. It helps to soothe irritated skin. It also helps in treating severe acne and pimples if used regularly. If you can’t find any suitable product for your skin type and condition then just go for aloe vera juice or gel to provide hydration to your skin.
4. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil has some great anti-aging properties that help in avoiding the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps in reducing puffiness from the face by removing the excess water content. Not only this, it is the best oil for removing dark spots, acne marks, and scars. So, overall this is a must-try oil for acne-prone skin.
5. Tea Tree Oil
We all know the benefits of tea tree oil, especially for acne and pimple prone skin. It is a blessing for people with acne. Tea tree oil helps to dry out the acne in just one night waking up with clear skin. But you should use it very carefully as it is quite harsh on the skin if not used properly.
6. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is one of the best oils for repairing damaged skin. It helps to treat tanning, pigmentation and dehydration of the skin. It has rich in Vitamin-E which is very essential for youthful and brighter looking skin.
Treat Skin Problems
- Treat acne.
- Remove pimples.
- Treat blackheads and whiteheads.
- Chemically exfoliate the skin very gently.
- Helps with tanned skin.
- Treat pigmentation.
- Regulates oil production.
- Adds a glow to the skin.
- Helps to unclog pores.
- Balance sebum production on the face.
- Mineral-oil free.
- Gentle on the skin.
- Gel-based. It will not clog your pores.
- Penetrate deep into the skin because of the texture.
- Can be used as a face primer before makeup.
- Treats acne if used religiously.
- Provide brighter skin as it removes dead skin cells.
- The smell is too strong to handle.
- May react on the skin because of chemicals.
- It can irritate the skin if not suited.
- Not for sensitive skin.
- Can make your acne even worse if not suited.
- Rating and reviews are not so great.
- Can darken the skin because of over-exfoliation.
- Stepping out in the day time as chemicals can react in the presence of sunlight.
- Do not use on the skin affected with eczema, scratches or dermatitis.
- Avoid using on the under-eye area. Don’t let the product come in contact with the eyes.
UPDATE (August, 2020)
The dermdoc anti-acne salicylic acid gel completely transformed into liquid form and the color of the gel is changed from transparent to pale yellow. Also, there is a pungent smell coming from the gel. We do not recommend you to buy this as it is just a waste of money.
How to Use?
- Wash your face with your suitable face wash or cleanser.
- Apply your toner as you do regularly.
- Take a little bit of the gel onto your palm.
- Rub it to warm the product.
- Apply on a semi dry face so that the product can penetrate even more deeply.
- Massage for 2-3 minutes in upwards and circular motion.
- Leave it over night.
- If you can’t tolerate the smell, leave it for one hour then wash it off.
- Wash off in the morning if you leave it overnight.
Stop using the product if you notice or feel any irritation or redness on your face. It is advised to do a patch test before using it on your face.