Weightloss with Indian food is a tough task as Indian dishes are filled with spices, oil, ghee, and of course with lots of love. Well, there are thousands of diet recipes available on the internet to lose weight but we Indians can’t fill our stomach with tasteless food. Right? So, here we are with 5 delicious and healthy recipes that will help you in losing weight quickly.
5 Easy-to-Make Indian Dishes Recipes For Weightloss
1. Moong Dal Chilla
- Take 1 cup of washed and soaked (for 2 hrs) moong dal.
- Drain the water used for soaking.
- Put the soaked moong dal in a blender and blend it into a smooth paste.
- Add green chili, 3-4 garlic cloves, 1 piece ginger, and 1/4 cup of water to the blender and blend again.
- Take the smooth batter into a bowl.
- Add 1 medium-sized finely chopped onion and fresh coriander leaves to it.
- Now, add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, a pinch of asafoetida, and salt according to taste.
- You can also add 1/2 tsp chili flakes if you want.
- Add water to adjust consistency. The consistency should be neither thin nor thick.
- Spread the batter on a hot pan.
- Drizzle very little ghee or oil according to choice.
- Flip the chilla when cooked.
- Your moong dal chilla is ready. Serve hot with mint chutney.
2. Rajma Pulao
- Take 1 tsp desi ghee to a hot pan.
- Add 1 bay leaf, 2 green cardamom, and 1 tsp cumin seeds to the ghee.
- Sort this for a few seconds.
- Now, add 1 medium-sized chopped onion to the pan.
- Cook the onions till they turn golden in color.
- Add some salt to taste.
- After the onions are well-cooked, add 1 tbsp chopped ginger, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, and 1/2 tsp pepper powder.
- Now, add 2 tbsp chickpeas sprouts and 2 tbsp green gram sprouts.
- After adding all these, here comes the main ingredient.
- Add 2 tbsp rajma (soaked overnight).
- Also, add 1 cup washed brown rice. (Avoid using white rice)
- Pour 2 cups of water into the pan.
- Cover and cook until rice is cooked.
- Your rajma pulao is ready to serve.
- It is one of the most delicious Indian diet recipes.
3. Methi Thepla
- Take 2 cups of wheat flour.
- Add 1 tbsp of gram flour to it.
- Mix well.
- Now, add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chili powder, and salt to taste.
- Mix everything well.
- Add 1/4 tsp carom seeds (ajwain), 1/4 tsp jeera seeds to it.
- Now, take 1 tsp crushed green chilies and garlic and add it to the mixture.
- Well, here comes the main ingredient, add 1.5 cups of washed fenugreek leaves/methi to it.
- Mix everything by adding some water.
- Prepare a stiff dough out of it.
- Take 1 tsp oil to the dough and knead well for about 2 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for about 25 minutes.
- Take a medium ball-sized amount from the dough and roll it into a circle (like a roti).
- Put this thepla on the hot pan and let it cook.
- Flip the thepla when cooked from one side.
- Cook nicely from both sides.
- Your methi thepla is ready to eat. Serve it with chutney or ketchup.
- You can also take this with you while traveling.
- It is one of the most delicious diet recipes out there.
4. Quinoa Pulao
- Take 1 cup quinoa.
- Wash it under running water for about a minute.
- Drain the water.
- Soak quinoa in freshwater for about 30 minutes.
- Now, take a pan.
- Add 2 tbsp oil, 1 bay leaf, 1-inch cinnamon stick, 4 cloves, 2 green cardamoms, and let it cook for a few seconds.
- After doing this, add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp peppercorns, 1 tbsp minced garlic, and 1 tbsp minced ginger.
- Let the spices do all the magic for a second.
- Add finely chopped green chilies, 1 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, and 1/2 tsp red chili powder to it.
- Now, add the washed quinoa to the pan.
- You can also add some vegetables like carrot, potato, french beans and green peas to it.
- Cook it for a minute.
- Add 2 cups of water and 1tsp lemon juice to the quinoa.
- Cover and let it cook for 30 minutes on low flame.
- Your quinoa pulao is ready to serve.
- This is one of the best weight loss Indian diet recipes.
5. Weightloss Salad
- Take 1 cup of soaked chickpeas (12 hrs).
- Drain the water.
- Put the soaked chickpeas in the pressure cooker.
- Add 1 cup fresh water to it.
- Also, add a pinch of salt.
- Pressure cook it for around 8 whistles.
- After the chickpeas are nicely cooked. Put it in a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped tomato, 1/2 cup chopped cucumber and 1/4 cup chopped onions to it.
- Mix well.
- Now, add 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 1 tsp lime juice, 1/2 tsp chili flakes, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, salt according to taste and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Toss the salad well.
- Serve it.
- It is one of the best salads for weight loss Indian recipes.
So, these were some of the best recipes for weightloss with Indian food. Try these delicious recipes to burn your calories without even knowing you are dieting.
You May Also Like: How to Gain Weight – Easy & Natural Ways to Increase Weight